We understand many in the community may be concerned about the growing threat of coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, New England North West First Aid Training and Security Services & Gold Coast & Hinterland First Aid Training Services have no plans to cancel courses. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice from both state and federal government.
Due to the current COVID-19 epademic, training and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the completion of course material by distance education for CPR, First Aid and Childcare First Aid courses. This reduces the in-class time.
In addition to our standard measures, New England North West First Aid Training and Security Services & Gold Coast & Hinterland First Aid Training Services has implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the current situation. Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training
- We are providing enrollment information to participants regarding travel bans and self-isolation as per the Government advice
- We have provided boxes of tissues at all training locations and an appropriate place to dispose of them
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations and offices
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government requirement of 1 person per 4sqm
Our training equipment management
- We have removed all lungs from CPR manakins
- You will not be asked to breath into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breath, but you do not need to breath in to the manikin
- We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the face and chest of every manikin between participants
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills on each other
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes during and following class
- We discard any used bandages and replace with new
- We provide new pens and notepads and encourage participants to take these with them following training
The Commonwealth Department of Health has issued information for students of universities, higher education and vocational education facilities. They advise that people who have returned from a country or region that is at high or moderate risk of coronavirus should monitor their health closely. If they develop symptoms including a fever and cough, they should self-isolate and urgently seek medical attention. In these cases, participants may seek to postpone their course which should be done with no financial penalty to the Student. These actions have been endorsed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training Phone Jamie 0447628114 www.nenwfirstaidtraining.com.au #Goldcoastfirstaidtraining #GoldCoast #FirstAid #CPRTraining #Armidale #Tamworth #Narrabri