Information on COVID-19 for Course Participants
Courses Running as Usual
We understand many in the community may be concerned about the growing threat of coronavirus (COVID-19).
At this time, We have no plans to cancel courses. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advice from both state and federal government.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, training and assessment methods have been adjusted to include the completion of pre-course material for all CPR, First Aid and Childcare First Aid courses. This reduces the in-class time.
In addition to our standard measures, New England North West First Aid and Gold Coast & Hinterland First Aid Training Services have implemented various precautionary measures across our training classes in response to the current situation.
Please see below for more information about training with us and the processes we have put in place.
To reduce the risk of contracting or spreading the virus and to protect participants and staff, the following measured have been implemented;
- We will not allow any person with flu-like symptoms to attend training
- All attendees will be Temperature checked on arrival
- We are providing enrollment information to participants regarding travel bans and self-isolation as per the Government advice
- We have provided boxes of tissues at all training locations and an appropriate place to dispose of them
- We have provided hand sanitiser to all training locations and offices and we request you use this throughout the day and especially on arrival
- We are encouraging participants and staff to wash their hands frequently with soap and water
- Wear gloves that are provided for practical assessments
- We are encouraging participants and staff to cough or sneeze into the bend of their arm and avoid touching their face
- We have provided alcohol wipes for use on equipment and surfaces
- Course numbers have been reduced to meet the government requirement of 1 person per 4sqm with a maximum of 25 per class.
Our training equipment management
- We have removed all lungs from CPR manakins
- You will not be asked to breath into a CPR manikin. You will be asked to demonstate the correct technique including showing the amount of air you would breath, but you do not need to breath in to the manikin
- We use alcohol-based wipes to clean the face and chest of every manikin between participants
- We ask participants to wear disposable gloves when performing CPR and when performing first aid skills on each other
- We clean all equipment with alcohol wipes during and following class
- We discard any used bandages and replace with new
- We provide new pens and first aid manuals and encourage participants to take these with them following training
The Commonwealth Department of Health has issued information for students of universities, higher education and vocational education facilities. They advise that people who have returned from any other country or region should monitor their health closely even at the completion of your 14 day compulsory quarantine period. If they develop symptoms including a fever and cough, they should self-isolate and urgently seek medical attention.
In these cases, participants may seek to postpone their course which should be done with no financial penalty to the Student. These actions have been endorsed by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
If you or anyone you know is feeling unwell, as always, please seek your doctor’s advice. If you are concerned, call the Coronavirus Health Information line 1800 020 080 for instructions on what to do. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to speak with one of our friendly staff prior to training. 0447628114.
|Not to attend if you are feeling unwell
Not attend if you have been to a country considered at higher risk of COVID-19 (excluding airport transit) in the past 14 days
Not to attend the course if you have been directed to self isolate
To practice good hygiene
To practice effective hand washing
For any student that cannot attend due to health reasons we ask you please let us know and you will be given a an opportunity to schedule to another course.